Soda Blasting Media - Sodium Bicarbonate
Sodablasting is an environmentally friendly way of removing paint, dirt, coatings, and other surface contaminants and will not cause damage to the surfaces being cleaned.
Sodablasting is a non-abrasive action. The action of sodium bicarbonate will not cause heat build up, sparks, or abrasion to the surface being cleaned.
• Water soluble, absorbs odors and has benign ph of 8.5
• Non sparking, non flammable and non hazardous
• Relatively soft at 2.5 mohs hardness
• Gentle yet effective, minimum disturbance to the substrate
• Will not etch glass
• Will not damage bearings or seals
• Food grade approved
• Mold Remediation
• Automotive Paint Removal
• Fire & Smoke Damage
• Insurance Restoration
• Architectural Restoration and Cleaning
• Graffiti Removal
• Industrial Cleaning
• Marine Antifouling Removal and Surface Preparation
• Food Grade Equipment Cleaning
Blast Boss FastBlast is post consumer-recycled glass media. It is recycled and sized to meet specific blasting media needs. It is made up of sharp angular particles, yet it is safe for handling and loading. It does not feel like glass, it feels like salt for the # 30 course and talcum powder for the # 100 extra fine. It comes in 3 sizes and can be shipped in either 50 lb bags, or 2000 lb super sacks. It is excellent for removing a wide variety of coatings. It is especially well suited for removing epoxy, alkyds, vinyl, polyurea, coal tar.
• Stone Surfaces
• Angular particles allow for aggressive profiling and removal of coatings
• Similar hardness to many slags, 6.0 on Mohs scale
• Less blast media required to achieve equal or better results, 30-50% less glass than slags or mineral abrasives.
• Very low particle embedment (less than 2%) which produces a whiter(SP-10) finish.
• Superior rust-back performance vs. slag/mineral abrasives.
• Can clean aluminum, brass, copper and stainless steel without warping, excessive profiling, or surface damage.
Safety & Environment
• No detectable CRYSTALLINE SILICA
• Chemically non toxic and inert. Can be used near water.
• No detectable heavy or toxic metals such as arsenic, beryllium, cadmium, etc. which are commonly found in coal-slag and many mineral abrasives like garnet and staurolite.
• Glass is listed on the EPA’s Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines for Blasting Grit.
• 100% recycled material compliance with federal and state affirmative procurement guidelines.
Available in 3 sizes
• Coarse 15 - 30 grit
• Medium 30 - 70 grit
• Fine 60 -100 grit